You may have heard Mike, Dave and I talking about the three principle beliefs (tenets) of ESN. We have chosen so far, Integrity and Independence. The last word (we're looking for three) is up for debate. Mike and I have put forth Mutuality. It's not a common word. However its definition is very specifi: "the condition or quality of being mutual; reciprocity; mutual dependence".
It implies partnership but the heart of the definition is recirprocity. "Mutual is used to describe a reciprocal relationship between two or more people or things". Whereas partnership can imply reciprocity but is not necesarily inclusive of this sentiment.
Our concern with this word is that it is uncommon and may be lost on clients due to its ambiguity. The plan is to have our definition of each of our tenets on the back side of our pocket portfolio. The pocket portfolio will be used to deliver and present our marketing collateral.
I would appreciate your thoughts and feedback on Mutuality, as well as, suggestions on alternative words that would best describe ESN.
Thanks.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like Mutality. Its meaty, provocative, and is a word you can really hang your hat on.
ReplyDeleteAll men are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality.
ReplyDeleteMartin Luther King Jr.
US black civil rights leader & clergyman (1929 - 1968)